Saturday, February 11, 2012

My thoughts.....Saturday 2/11/12

Been quite a week! Never dull or lacking for something to do. I was sick for part of the week which did not make it fun, but antibiotics seem to help.  Life is keeping me on my feet!!!  I have pain, but somehow, I am fighting thru it, and making it.  Getting casted for two new braces for my feet yesterday I was reminded of all the casts I have had and it is just not a fun feeling. Those scissors pressing on screw heads as they cut the casts off. Yet, it was a reminder of how far I have come. These new braces hopefully will help with my feet stability.  They will also fit in my shoes and not be boots!!  Apparently the only place I have lost weight is in my feet! Seriously, they do not swell like they did a year ago. They still swell at times, but they are better now. With being on my feet more hopefully weight loss will follow elsewhere. I am hardly in the chair unless I have to because in the wheelchair van it is a rule.  If an aide takes me we take the cane and my chair.  I do take my chair if Dartmouth is a 12 hour day, then it is tiring and the chair is needed. But I make every effort to walk. I have been doing alot of reading and soul searching about my chiari and syrinx.  With them it is a strong possibility to end up in a chair at some point in life and it could ultimately be permanent. So until then, I am going to do everything in my power to live life, fill my world with everything I possibly can!  I am by no means done living.  I think thru my addiction, frustration, and with depression gave up a little. No more.  I am not giving up!  Last use of oxy was on 1/29/12. That was just shy of two weeks ago.  I turned in all my pain meds just a day or two after that....even those that were not narcotic pain meds. The only meds I take are those for my neurological meds, or allergies.  Pain is hard at times, I wont lie.  When it gets hard, I put my headphones on, to drown out the world, find a quiet place, and pray, listen to music and wait for the worst to pass. It does. It was hard at first.  I never thought that would work.  
This week as crazy as it has been has taught me that living is fun. Laughing, smiling, being with people, I realized how much I have missed that!!!  Not every day will be easy, but I am learning that those good days, take them and go. The hard ones, lean on God. He is there.  Two verses that continuously fall in my mind each day are Eph 6:10-11 and Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment