Saturday, January 14, 2012

An apology

An apology is more than words, words without empty meaning. An apology is not easy to say. But there are times in life that you have to say one. An apology that might make a difference in ones life.  That is what I had to do yesterday.  I broke someone's trust in me.  I was so ashamed that I had wronged this person, did this, they knew my situation and I kept avoiding them so not to have to say anything and finally this week I not only had to come to terms with some things myself, I knew I had to face them and in person, not by letter or call but in person say an apology.  Although they said none was necessary, to me, it was.  It was a part of healing for me. A part of my admitting I had to face what I had come to terms with. The apology, came with tears, came with true repentance and admittance but also came with admittance to a plan on how I was going to make my life stronger again.  I got nothing back but positive from that person.  They never lost respect for me.  I gave them honesty, and in return because I did not run which I love to do honestly, I hate confrontation.....even facing those little "inner" ones, but I got straight care, and respect back and encouragement .  Never neglect to give an apology when you know one is due.  They can make a difference in so many ways.  Although, there may be times this person may be a little more cautious with some aspects of their trust in me, I know they will trust me and in time all I can do is take things one day at a time, moment by moment and make sure to take God along for each and every step.

1 comment:

  1. When you become strong enough and brave enough to recognize and admit your shortcomings, both to yourself and to others, it is a true sign of strength and growth. Anyone who is not willing to accept a candid, humble admission of failure, and a desire to do what is right, needs a lot of prayer and guidance themselves, and probably a realization that they ought to do likewise.

    I applaud those who are able to admit their failures, apologize sincerely for them, ask for forgiveness and help from others to turn in a more positive direction, able to mutually encourage others, and warn them lovingly when they are heading in a dangerous direction.

    If these are the paths your life is turning, I praise God for what He has already accomplished in your life, and I anticipate many more wonderful things.

    Praise God for teaching us to love and forgive, for He has shown us the Way Himself through His Son and His sacrificial love in every possible way!

    Great message, Brenda, keep it up. I hope many others get to read these messages.

    ReplyDelete