Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma, 
I am sorry. Please forgive me.  I became an LNA because of you, because you had faith that I would make a great one and I loved being one and I was so good at it. But trying to catch the Christmas tree in 08 I fell, and now I can no longer do that.  I have spent four years putting up walls, sheltering my heart, finding ways to protect me so that no one could hurt me cause I was hurting myself, and now I feel like I am letting you down even more cause I kinda gave up on life and you never gave up on anything.....you fought til you took your last breath!  You taught me to love football, thru your fear of thunderstorms I learned to love them!  Grandma, I am so thankful that I got to spend some of my college years with you. I carry your spirit with me always and hopefully will pass it on to my kids. I am sorry I gave up for a while on life, on allowing that deep living that I needed to find.....to still find me and realize my beauty inside.  Whatever I do from here on out Grandma, I carry your memories daily, your spirit as a part of me, and I will always care for those around me still even though I can no longer do it as I did, but in your honor I will do what I can.  I love you Grandma, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck! 


God can you please tell my Grandma that I love her and I am sorry.


Love Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment